Sunday, November 11, 2007

Tax on Super Wealthy Fails in Congress

Hi Donkey,

I know people say that elephants have peanuts for brains, but even this Elephant knows something is very wrong in Congress these days. I wish I had time to discuss all of the problems (I guess that might be impossible), but one problem has really upset me. You see, I'm a young, mostly impoverished American (but with a bright future!), and after the democrats' relentless attacks on Bush's so-called "tax cuts for the wealthy" last year, I never thought I'd read the headline "'Carried Interest' Tax Unlikely to Rise in '07" when democrats are writing our tax bills.  Why o why would a democrat-led Congress object to closing a loophole used by the mega-rich in this country? 

I mean, sure, I know that big business lobbied Congress heavily not to pass the increased carried-interest tax, but I kind of figured the democrat majority would look through those dollar signs to the good of the people. Isn't that what democrats stand for? It just really chaps my hide, Donkey.

--Elephant

P.S. Here's the article from the WSJ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, go Elephant! You're the man! Elephant = 2 and Donkey = 0. I say, down with the dimmycrats!

Lisa said...

I know it was you who posted the previous comment Elephant. But as to your post I fully agree with you, my donkey butt is equally chapped. Why can't the democrats stand up and do what we elected them to do, i.e. take money from rich republicans and give it to the middle class through programs like universal health care. What a shame.